Post-doctoral Psychological Assistantship in Pasadena, California Psychological Assistants are registered with the California Board of Psychology under the supervision of a California licensed psychologist. Hours accrued under supervision may be counted toward meeting supervision requirements for licensure by the California Board of Psychology.
Psychological Assistantship available for a post-doctoral candidate who meets the following requirements:
* Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical psychology from an APA Accredited clinical psychology doctoral program
* 2 years of inpatient psychological treatment experience
* Completed internship in clinical psychology
* Supervised experience treating severely mentally ill patients (major depression, bipolar disorder, schizoaffective disorder, schizophrenia)
* Supervised experience running group therapy
* Completed a minimum of one assessment practicum
Additional training that is highly preferred but not required includes any of the following:
* Supervised experience treating chemically dependent patients
* Supervised experience with inpatient Consultation Liaison service
* Supervised experience treating families and couples
* Supervised experience treating adolescent patients
Psychological Assistants work within a multidisciplinary private practice setting of clinical psychologists and psychiatrists who treat patients who are on inpatient, outpatient, Intensive Outpatient Program, and transitional living levels of functioning. The practice specializes in Dual Diagnosis patients who are suffering from one or more psychiatric diagnosis and one or more chemical dependency diagnosis.
Psychologists in the practice have various specialized training in psychoanalysis, psychodynamic psychotherapy, EMDR, DBT, Interpersonal Therapy, Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy, Family Focused Therapy, CBT, and a variety of other treatment modalities. Some psychologists are specialists in the inpatient practice of psychology and are on the Medical Staff at various hospitals. Psychologists hold specialized credentials such as:
* Forensic Psychology (ABPP Board Certification)
* Master of Science in Clinical Psychopharmacology (M.S.C.P.)
* Certification in Psychoanalysis
* Training and Supervising Psychoanalyst Designation
Psychological Assistants will perform work that includes but is not limited to:
* Group therapy
* Individual therapy
* Family and couples therapy
* Community outreach
* Research and development
* Intakes and discharge
* Record review, charting, and related activities
* Crisis intervention and management
* Program development
Compensation is $20 per hour as an employee of the supervisor. This is a part-time or full-time position depending on experience and availability of work in the practice.
To apply, please submit Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to:
Keith Valone, Ph.D., Psy.D., M.S.C.P.
Clinical Director, The Arroyos Psychological Associates Licensed Psychologist #PSY7843