Full-time Community Mental Health Outreach Coordinator for EMHS of Chicago sought
March 21, 2013
Posted by on
Community Mental Health Outreach Coordinator, Expanded Mental Health Services of Chicago, NFP (30 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1828, Chicago, IL 60602)
EMHS seeks a dynamic, community-minded self-starter to become a part of an exciting new venture that aims to revolutionize the way mental health services are provided to urban communities. We are currently in the process of evaluating the mental health needs of one Chicago community, and are looking for a full-time Community Mental Health Outreach Coordinator who can interface with community residents and institutions in order to allow them a real voice in planning and implementing an agency that truly meets their needs.
Responsibilities will include:
• Conducting interviews with community residents
• Meeting with community leaders and other established social service providers
• Creating a foundation of good-will and cooperation between EMHS and other community resources
• Communicating with EMHS Board members and staff
• Coordination of volunteers
• Data aggregation and analysis
• Preparation of a written Needs Assessment Report
• Excellent communication skills
• A demonstrated investment in mental health issues and community-building
• An academic background in qualitative research methods
• Your own transportation
• Fluency in Spanish a plus
This position would be ideal either for a Masters- or Doctoral-level graduate in social work, community psychology, urban geography, mental health/public policy or related field, or for a Masters- or Doctoral-level graduate student wishing to gain comprehensive research experience. Although this is a project-based position, possibilities exist for long-term engagement with EMHS going forward. Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, send a CV and letter outlining your capabilities and interest in the position to Dr. Nancy Burke, EMHS Selection Committee, email@example.com. Initial review of applications will take place on April 22nd, with position starting date projected for May.
Expanded Mental Health Services of Chicago NFP is an equal opportunity employer.